Naval Group Pacific has signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with nine different Australian companies to manufacture its countermeasure solutions for the Royal Australian Navy in Australia.
The Sydney based company, which was established during last year’s Pacific 2019 International Maritime Expo, is proposing a breakthrough in anti-torpedo countermeasures for Australia’s submarine and surface ship programs with CANTO®, a countermeasure generation system based on Dilution/Confusion multi-effects.
Described by the company as a breakthrough in the field of anti-torpedo defence, CANTO applies the dilution/confusion concept to defend High Value and Mission Essential Units by generating a high-level, 360-degree acoustic signal covering the full frequency range of the attacking torpedo. This anti-torpedo system, fitted with its associated reaction module CONTRALTO®, which computes the most appropriate evasive manoeuvre and deployment sequence once a threat is detected, is already in service in the French Navy and in several Foreign navies.
François Romanet, CEO of Naval Group Pacific says, “This capability will provide navies with a combat-proven solution and, if manufactured in Australia, will … transfer new technology and skills to local industry.”
To transfer this torpedo counter-measures technology to Australia Naval Group has signed MoUs with nine Australian companies:
- Archer Enterprises: precision CNC Machining, Fabrication, Assembly and Testing of Complex Mechanical Components, Assemblies & Sub-Systems, Including Electrical Control Integration for Performance Critical Applications
- Axiom Precision Manufacturing: an experienced manufacturer of complex, precision electro-mechanical components and assemblies for the Defence and Aerospace industries whose Defence Secure facility expansion provides a unique capability for sensitive Defence projects into the future.
- Baron Rubber: a contract manufacturer, specialising in build-to-print moulded components and assemblies made in silicone, rubber, composites and engineering grade polymers.
- BB Engineering Pty Ltd: specialising in Naval & Military Applications for Precision CNC Machined and Turned Components
- CAMPAGNO Engineering: specialising in precision engineering and machining
- GPC Electronics: based in Western Sydney and Australia’s leading dedicated Contract Electronics Manufacturer for build to print Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA), Box Build and Mechanical sub-assembly of electronic products
- Land Air Sea Space (LASS) Pty Ltd: specialists in design manufacture and repair of high-quality electrical cable assemblies, wired enclosures and interconnecting systems.
- MacTaggart Scott Australia: providing support and engineering services to meet the requirements of the Royal Australian Navy, in particular for the Collins class submarines and the two LHDs. The facilities in Adelaide offer a significant engineering capability as well as increasing design services.
- Verseng Group: a wholly South Australian owned and operated engineering & precision manufacturing organization specialising in the manufacture of CNC machined components, fabrication, complex assemblies for the defence, mining, heavy industrial, marine and agricultural markets.