The Next Generation Technologies Fund (NGTF) seeks proposals from potential research partners for novel Directed Energy (DE) concepts, technologies and techniques. All submissions to be made via AusTender – Deadline: November 23, 2020 (2pm ACT time)
DST is establishing a Science and Technology (S&T) Network in Directed Energy (DE) Technologies and Systems under the NGTF. DST will contribute funding and support innovative proposals from industry, academia and Government-Funded Organisations (GFO) which identify and pursue niche DE S&T areas critical for future Australian Defence capability.
This call seeks submissions detailing proposed contributions. Proposals are expected to span a multi-year timeframe and the overall progress will be assessed on an annual basis. Relevant innovation as it develops in the national S&T ecosystem will be identified and changes in Defence priority will be responded to annually through additional calls. Enhancing collaboration between industry and universities is one goal of the NGTF program, and new collaborations with DST are encouraged.
In order to be considered for support, submissions should:
- Provide a detailed summary of the proposed activities
- Contain clearly articulated milestones and deliverables
- Outline a forward-looking innovation plan beyond the current proposal
- Include budget and detail any in-kind contributions
- Detail any proposed co-funding arrangements with other bodies
- Align to the DE S&T priority areas provided in this document
Further information available on the DST webpage, here.